Sunday, February 27, 2011

Taking January off - Kinda!

I took the entire month of January off. That is I took time off of my busy, crazy life of raising a family and did something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I went to Real Estate School to get my real estate license.

I have been working in real estate for over a decade but I also have five children so getting my license has not been a priority.

I left the house every morning at 8am right after my kids left for school and drove 45 minutes to Kaplan in South Denver. I was in class Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm for the entire month.

It was a little crazy but my kids relly stepped up to help. My oldest son drives so he made sure that everyone got to their after school activities. The kids helped with dinner and kept the house cleaned up. The only hitch was laundry, especially when my washing machine died and we went a week without doing laundry. Fortunately, I now have the super large washing machine that can wash ten loads of laundry at once (okay not 10 but a lot) so we quickly caught up.

After 4 weeks of studying and test taking, I passed the class with flying colors and more importantly I passed the state exam so I will offically have my license as soon as it comes in the mail.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That is soooooo awesome!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you and impressed =D

Kelly said...

That is wonderful!!! Good job!!